Man Ray

Man Ray

Man Ray’s art is definitely those who has been influenced with Surrealism, Futurism, Cubism and more. While most may know him through his photography, he mentioned that he would like to be known as a painter. Ray is one of those who express his love for art deeply which makes his art prone to have deep meanings behind it. Man Ray was known to have played around with media art making it unique and a bit abstract. Like the photo shown below, we all can see how he incorporated an abstract style with reality.

And now, it’s time for opinions! Hmm… DO I LIKE MAN RAY’S ART? Of course! It’s funky and when I look at his art, there are millions of words that pop up in my mind! I am one to love portraits but this type of portraits? … To me it’s SO unique and different that just leaves me in awe of his creation. I do photography as a hobby and so I think another reason why I like Man Ray’s art is because most of his well known art is portraitures and to know that we share the same interest makes me appreciate his art more!

artwork_images_425934047_702717_-manray

Citation of the image: http://reelfoto.blogspot.com/2012/11/man-ray-photography-as-art.html